It seemed no more than far-fetched fun in the movie that saw Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep down an anti-ageing elixir that promised eternal youth. But now one skincare company is taking us one step closer with a drinkable super strength, wrinkle-busting complex that is taking anti-ageing to new heights, and it’s available from Boots.
Whilst it can’t promise eternal youth, LQ Skin, Hair & Nails, may offer the next best thing. Heralded as the non-invasive answer to collagen fillers and far safer and cheaper than the craze for vitamin and collagen drips and injections, the ‘super shot’ drink is the first of its kind to contain all three of the most effective skin anti-agers in one hit – collagen, Resveratrol and hyaluronic acid – along with a broad spectrum of advanced antioxidants to fight off lines and wrinkles and loss of skin tone.
Delivering advanced, clinically proven, age-defying ingredients to work more quickly from the inside out, LQ comes in bottles designed to simply be drunk like a shot or probiotic yoghurt and it’s fast becoming the beauty buzzword amongst the women who’ve already tried it. As well as waging war on wrinkles and delivering a super-boost of antiageing protection for skin, its scientific formula promotes healthy hair and stronger nails too.
Each 50ml bottle is packed with 7,000mg of high-absorption, pure marine collagen – one of the highest concentrations available in a skincare supplement and delivering almost 50% more per shot than its nearest equivalent (5,000mg is the average) but LQ is much cheaper but for the same price.
Collagen exists naturally in skin and plays a vital role in maintaining skin elasticity and firmness, but its production decreases with age, leading to fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. LQ supports the body’s natural production of collagen and each shot is up to 100 times more effective than using a topical collagen cream.
It gets highly concentrated, quality collagen peptides straight into the bloodstream, bypassing the epidermis and getting straight to the deeper dermis to directly encourage the skin’s collagen making cells to produce more collagen and hydrating hyaluronic acid. Traditional collagen creams have far less chance of their active ingredients reaching the dermis as the outer layer of skin is very difficult to penetrate.
Along with high grade Resveratrol, the wrinkle reducing antioxidant ingredient found in red wine, and Hyaluronic Acid, the moisturising skincare staple that keeps skin plump and smooth, the result is clinically proven plumping of wrinkles, a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles and a hydration boost to restore skin radiance.
HIGH LQ – key active ingredients per 60ml bottle
- 7000 mg of high quality hydrolysed PeptanTM marine collagen. Collagen is the most abundant, naturally occurring protein in the human body. Clinical studies have shown that a daily intake of 7000mg has a positive effect on skin, hair and nails.
- High Grade Resveratrol. A wrinkle-busting ingredient found in red grapes. Packed with natural antioxidants to fight free radicals and slow down skin ageing.
- Hyaluronic Acid. The body’s own hydrating molecule, able to absorb up to 1,000 times its own weight in water and responsible for keeping skin plump, smooth and supple. Works with collagen to help retain essential skin moisture.
- Silicon. A trace element required by the body to produce elastin and collagen. Essential for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Selenium. Helps maintain healthy hair and nails.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7). A B-complex vitamin to help the growth and maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Vitamin E. A key antioxidant that protects and repairs the skin, and helps promote the natural formation of collagen. Neutralises the oxidant effect of free radicals – molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C. Promotes the natural formation of collagen, also contributes to cell protection from oxidative stress
Whilst some collagen drinks can taste worse than a bad cough syrup or leave an unpleasant fishy undertone, LQ leaves no aftertaste and is extremely tasty, making you want more.
Drink one 50ml bottle per day. Shake well before use. Do not exceed recommended dose. Products may be used for as long as required with a regular intake recommended.
LQ Skin, Hair & Nails is priced at €39.99 (10 per box) and Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer, to purchase click here.